We have created “Trace for the People” Foundation, because we firmly believe in John Donne’s words, which have been embraced by Ernest Hemingway as the motto of his landmark work “For Whom the Bell Tolls”:
“No man is an island, entire of itself. Each is a piece of the continent, a part of the main… For I am involved in mankind.”
In times of crisis – financial, economic, spiritual, as well as afterwards, we should not forget that above all, we are all humans and, as such, we need to support each other. The community of entrepreneurs has always been the driver of progress and innovation, as the knowledgeable, the capacitated, the creative and bold ones are invariably a part of it.
“Trace for the People” foundation was established on 2 July 2014 with a resolution by the Board of Directors of „Trace Group Hold“ PLC. It seeks to combine and focus the efforts of the group’s individual companies in the field of corporate social responsibility. The main objectives of the public benefit foundation comprise:
- development and reinforcement of human civilisation’s values through support and exchange in the fields of culture, arts, science, education and sports;
- support of culture, education, professional training and creative pursuits of talented children and capable young people;
- realisation of various charity initiatives;
- support of preservation, maintenance and promotion of Bulgarian nation’s cultural and historical heritage.
Mission, core values, principles
As a public and socially responsible organisation, throughout the years “Trace Group Hold” PLC has supported a number of charitable causes in the sphere of social welfare, environment, cultural and historical heritage and education. We wanted to expand and streamline this activity by way of setting up a foundation to serve as our living connection with local communities in need, as well as with other not-for-profit organisations active in supporting socially important causes.
Our mission is to promote and encourage philanthropy and charity traditions.
Our goal is to support, finance and raise funds for various projects aimed to contribute towards achieving social impact at scale, ensuring full transparency of all procedures.
Our work is guided by the following principles:
- integrity and professionalism;
- publicity and accessibility of the donor programmes;
- impartiality and justice in financing the projects;
- zero tolerance to conflict of interests.